The lotus flower is associated with purity & beauty. After a period of three days, the Lotus emerges through the water and blooms. Historically the reference to a woman's virtue is symbolized by the Lotus, so what better name for a product designed for a woman's sensitive area.
Vaginal steams are seal healing treatments that bring warmth into the womb for common female complaints. Many women have poor circulation to the pelvis, thus resulting in stagnation. Vaginal steams are a beautiful way to bring warm steam and heat to the pelvis and to the womb, increasing circulation and energy flow. Vaginal tissue is one of the most absorbent of the entire female body, so steams can be very supportive to feminine health. The moist heat opens up the pores of the tissues and the botanical infused water vapor delivers the medicinal benefits of the plants and volatile oils directly to the pelvic tissue.
BENEFITS OF STEAMING:
Do not do a vaginal steam during pregnancy, menstruation, if an infection is present or if you have an IUD. Al herbs are certified organic.
- Significantly reduce discomfort, bloating and exhaustion associated with monthly cycles
- Decrease menstrual flow as well as reduce dark purple or brown blood at the onset or end of menses
- Regulate irregular or absent menstrual cycles
- Increase fertility, especially when combined with Mayan abdominal massage
- Speed healing and tone the reproductive system after birth
- Treat uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness and uterine prolapse
- Assist with the healing of hemorrhoids
- Treat chronic vaginal/yeast infections, and maintain healthy odor
- Relieve symptoms of menopauseIt is recommended to do your steaming one week prior to your expected cycle.
Setting up your Lotus Tea Session:
1. Bring 1 quart of filtered water to a gentle simmer and allow to brew for 15 minutes
2. Set up your steam space; turn off your phone, put music on if you’d like, or grab your favorite book, light candles, or make a cup of tea to enjoy while you are steaming.
3. Once you are set up pour your Lotus Tea into a different pot as to avoid burning. Use a metal bowl to prevent plastic leaching.
4. Place your steam pot under a slotted chair, step stool with slot, lawn chair or steam stool. Another steam options is use a cleaned toilet by shutting off the water and placing the pot of steaming herbs into the toilet.
5. Remove your clothes from the waist down, leaving your socks on, keeping your upper body warm.
6. Sit on your designated seat over the steaming herbs making sure the steam pot is placed underneath the body so the steam gets to the perineum.
7. Cover your lower body with blankets to ensure the steam is contained.
8. Be careful not to burn yourself, If necessary, create a small vent to allow excess steam to escape. Your steam session should feel pleasant, not painful.
9. Sit over your steam for about 15-20 min and enjoy the self healing & self nurturing.
10. After the steam, lay down wrapped in a blanket and rest for 20 minutes.
11. When you get up, dress warmly and protect yourself from cold drafts or sudden temperature changes for 24 hours.
12. Pour your used tea & herbs in the garden or a bush, returning them to the earth
2 Cups Dried Herbs